Hey, everybody. It’s Sunday, and that means it’s time to announce last week’s contest winners. As you recall, we threw you another easy one: we played a clip in which three characters’ names were mentioned, and all you had to do was name them. The answers were (in order):
- Daphne (although this was somewhat hard to hear–“Stephanie” and other near-sound-alikes would have been accepted)
- Tyler, and
- Mrs. Eberhardt (again, since the name was hard to spell, anything in the neighborhood of that spelling would have been accepted)
Congratulations to Riley Grossman-Lempert for getting all three names right! For getting all three names right, Riley receives one of the very-collectible Halloween issues of IF-X.
This week’s contest should be fun for everyone because of how it lets you GET CREATIVE. Our Hero, Jack Fitch (played by Jeff Berndt), has a cellphone, but we want it to have a really distinctive ring-tone. It can be the beginning of a song, somebody saying a famous quote, a set of tones you composed yourself–just about anything would qualify. All you have to do is send in your entry, and it will be passed along to our director, who will make a decision on which clip to use. Now, I don’t know how long it might take for him to find “the right one,” but I’m guessing you have at least a week to get in your entry. You can enter more than once, so if you have two or three ideas, great! As I mentioned last week, though, the more entries from different people that I get, the bigger the prize will be:
- 1-5 entrants: a copy of an issue of IF-X
- 6-10 entrants: a copy of Gamer’s Dozen
- 11-20 entrants: an HIM Prize Pack stuffed with comics and games and other surprises
- 21-40 entrants: a $30 restaurant gift certificate to a local restaurant
- 41+ entrants: a $100 Visa Gift Card
So don’t just enter yourself–get your friends to subscribe to this blog and enter the contest as well. Here’s a scene featuring Jack finding out about his job (you may recognize some of this from the trailer).
Let the contest begin!